Diver's Destination offers Scuba Camp for children ages 10 to 17. It is $300 per child.Your child will not only learn how to Scuba and snorkel dive, but will also learn all about the ocean and the amazing animals in it!
When is SCUBA camp?
June 22-26, 2020 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
July 27- 31, 2020 from 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
What does SCUBA camp entail? SCUBA Camp is an extended scuba diving course for students ages 10-17. They will learn all the theory and skills behind Scuba and by the end of the week are ready to embark on their certification dives to become lifetime certified scuba divers. Students learn about marine wildlife as well as ocean conservation throughout the week via daily creature features.
- Review of swim and snorkel skills
- Skin diving techniques
- Scuba diving theory and lectures
- Practical skill application in the pool
- Games and Challenges
- Children should bring their own lunch
- Refrigerator and microwave available
- Coke machine with drinks $1.25 each
- Creature feature! learn about an ocean animal and complete an activity
- Outdoors time! Free time in Pirate's Cove playground
- Watch short video pertaining to the creature feature of the day
- Back in the water practicing and reviewing skills
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my children need for SCUBA camp?
We supply all necessary equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, weight belt, and safety sausage). But if kids own their own equipment, they are welcome to use it. We also have kids gear in store where we fit them to size for a comfortable and more fun experience. Kids will need to bring a swimsuit, towel, try clothing, and a lunch.
Is there an age limit for SCUBA camp?
Scuba camp is for children 10 years old to 17 years old.
Do my children need to be able to swim to attend SCUBA camp?
Children do not need to be Olympic swimmers for SCUBA camp but should be able to swim at a beginner level. If you are concerned with your child's swim level, we recommend swim lessons before Scuba camp begins.
How do I register for Scuba camp?
You can register online here, over the phone by calling Diver's Destination, or by visiting the store.
What is the cost of Scuba camp?
Scuba camp costs $300 per camper.