San Salvador, Bahamas
The Bahamas is an archipelago of 700 islands located where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea. One of the smallest inhabited islands in The Bahamas, San Salvador is unique in the archipelago. Its sparkling inland lakes, various historic monuments, miles of secluded beaches and roughly 50 dive sites keep visitors well entertained. Perhaps the most photographed place on the island is a stone cross that marks the spot of Christopher Columbus' first landfall. Offshore, an underwater monument designates where La Pinta dropped anchor.
The Resort - Riding Rock
Life on San Salvador is pretty much as unhurried as it has been through the ages. Quiet, friendly, and unspoiled, it offers miles of deserted beaches and lush underwater reefs that were discovered by scuba divers as early as the 1960’s. Shortly thereafter, Riding Rock Resort & Marina was built, custom designed for dive travelers, with all of the facilities close at hand. Riding Rock Resort & Marina is one of only two resorts located on the scenic San Salvador oceanfront. Built, owned and operated by the William’s family since the 1960’s, the resort is and always has been dedicated to the comfort and convenience of water sports enthusiasts. All you have to do is lay out on the beach and enjoy the fantastic Bahamian sunshine….snorkel along the shallow beach front area….or take a dip in the fresh water swimming pool. All rooms are air-conditioned and offer cable TV, a mini-fridge, private bath, porch or balcony, outside drying hooks, tile floors, and daily housekeeping.
Most of the dive sites are located nearby and on the islands' lee side, so rough seas are rarely encountered. The dive sites are almost all walls so the possibility of going deep on your Bahamas diving adventure is available, though you need not dive deeper than 40 feet to reach the reef if you prefer to keep a shallow profile. The dive staff at Guanahani Divers enjoy nothing more than introducing “new-to-our-island” divers to why San Salvador has a well-earned reputation for being some of the best in the Bahamas. San Sal is one of the top five wall-diving destinations in the region. Underwater visibility can easily reach 100 feet or more. Shark lovers will be pleased to hear that it is home to many shark species, the Scalloped Hammerheads being a favorite.
Diver Double Occupancy $2795 per person
Diver Single Occupancy $3295 per person
Triple Occupancy $2695 per person
Quad Occupancy $2595 per person
Non Diver Double Occupancy $2395
- Round Trip airfare from New Orleans, LA to San Salvador, Bahamas (through Miami/Nassau, American Airlines, Bahama's Air)
- Airport Transfer
- 7 Nights Accommodations
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Daily (21 meals)
- 5 days of 2 morning and 1 afternoon boat dives (Sun-Thurs)
- 1 day 1 morning boat dive (Fri)
- Air Tanks & Weights
- Resort Fees, Taxes
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Dive Staff Gratuities
- Personal Dive Equipment
A valid passport with at least 6 months left before expiration is required for all travelers.
- Vaccinated Travelers: Each vaccinated traveler applying for a Bahamas health visa to enter The Bahamas must submit via the travel health visa portal, documentary evidence of: (1) full vaccination; and (2) the negative result of a rapid antigen or RT PCR test performed by an accredited lab within five (5) days of entering The Bahamas.
- Unvaccinated Travelers: There are no changes to the testing requirements for unvaccinated travelers who plan to enter The Bahamas. Each individual age 12 and older who is unvaccinated still must undergo a RT PCR test administered by an accredited lab within five (5) days of entering The Bahamas and submit a negative result with their health visa application via the travel health visa portal.
A $500 non refundable deposit is required to hold your spot. Space is limited. Changes to package and cancellation penalties do exist. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Dates and Payment Schedule
Immediate Deposit & balance is due by February 1, 2022.